The following tutorial has been created on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit).
The following configuration needs to be done while logged in as a “SuperUser”.
1. Before you begin make sure that the running operating system is up to date with the latest updates. If not then use the following commands to update your operating system.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
2. Now install “Openconnect Network Manager“.
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openconnect
3. Now download Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from here.
4: By default it will be downloaded in your “Downloads” folder.
5. Now access the “Terminal” and access the directory “Downloads”. Use the “ls” command to view contents of the directory.
6. As you can see the downloaded file is compressed in “.gz” format, we’ll need to unzip it using the command “gunzip anyconnect-predeploy-linux-64-4.2.01022-k9.tar.gz”.
7. Now unpack the unzipped “.tar” file the command “tar –xvf anyconnect-predeploy-linux-64-4.2.01022-k9.tar”.
tar -xvf anyconnect-predploy-linux-64-4.2.01022-k9.tar
8. Now view the contents of the directory using “ls” command to find the extracted AnyConnect application directory as highlighted in blue.
9. Now access the AnyConnect directory using the command “cd anyconnect-4.2.01022″.
10. Now view the contents of this directory and access the sub-directory by the name of “vpn“.
11. Now the file we need to begin installation is “vpn_install.sh”. Use it with “sudo ./” followed by the filename.
12. Enter “y” to proceed with the installation.
Do you accept the terms in the license agreement? [y/n] y
13. Once the installation is complete. Run this command “systemctl daemaon-reload” to reload units and finalize the installation.
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
14. Now from the application finder type “Cisco” to bring up “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
15. Click on “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
16. Now put “us1.worldvpn.net” at “Connect To” field and click on “Connect” button
17: Enter WorldVPN username.
18: Enter WorldVPN password.
19. You are now connected. Enjoy complete internet freedom!